Reading Comprehension Questions Year 6
Reading Comprehension Questions EYFS Reading Comprehension Questions Year 1
Reading Comprehension Questions Year 2 Reading Comprehension Questions Year 3
Reading Comprehension Questions Year 4 Reading Comprehension Questions Year 5
Before you start reading you could check your child knows;
- If they are reading fiction (made up story)/nonfiction (factual)
- What has happened so far
- Who the main characters are
- How to use the contents/index/glossary (for non fiction texts)
Summarising the text (describing key events)
- What does ____(choose a word from the text)____ mean?
- Explain what just happened…(after reading a page or paragraph)
- Show me how you know?
- Which words help you to understand….?
- How would you explain the information/story to somebody younger?
- What questions do you have about what we just read?
- What are you still wondering after reading that page?
- If you could ask the character a question what would you ask?
- How does the character feel? How do you know?
- What word shows how the character is feeling?
- Describe the main character – use evidence from the text.
- Would you choose to read that story again?
- Or a similar story?
- Why/why not?
- If you were to review the book how many stars out of 5 would you give it?