Our Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Lead - Lucy Lang (Headteacher)
Deputy DSL - Sarah Andrews (Deputy Headteacher)
Deputy DSL - Louise Charlton (Family Link Worker)
Mrs L Brace (Family Link Worker secondment)
Fair Furlong Primary School ensure that all teaching and non-teaching adults and governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We achieve this by ensuring everyone takes on a child-centered approach.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children by:
- The provision of a safe environment in which children and young people can learn;
- Fulfilling our statutory (legal) responsibilities to identify children who may be in need of extra help or who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
We endeavor to ensure that all safeguarding and welfare concerns are managed in a professional and sensitive way, which is in line with our schools Safeguarding policy and Keeping Children Safe in Education. A copy of these can be found on this page.
What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children's health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
Please see our Family Link section for more information on services and support available to families and children by clicking here.
If you have a safeguarding concern about a child please contact First Response
Fair Furlong Primary Prevention of Extremism and Radicalisation Risk Assessment
Fair Furlong Primary E-safety policy